Online Conversazione ~ The Last Chronicle of Barset
Chapters 1 – 15
In today’s extraordinary times when we are not able to meet in person please drop in to the Online Conversazione to meet other Trollope readers from around the world.
From the end of June to the beginning of September we will be reading what for many is one of Trollope’s greatest novels, The Last Chronicle of Barset. We will be meeting online every two weeks using Zoom to discuss the relevant chapters and keep in touch with each other. The meetings will be unstructured with everyone’s input welcome. The meetings will not be recorded.
- Monday 29 June, 2020 at 8:00pm (UK time) – Chapters 1-15
- Monday 13 July, 2020 at 8:00pm (UK time) – Chapters 16-30
- Monday 27 July, 2020 at 8:00pm (UK time) – Chapters 31-45
- Monday 10 August, 2020 at 8:00pm (UK time) – Chapters 46-60
- Monday 24 August, 2020 at 8:00pm (UK time) – Chapters 61-75
- Monday 7 September, 2020 at 8:00pm (UK time) – Chapters 76-84
Joining a Zoom Meeting is easy
Please join the Zoom meeting at 8.00 pm (UK time). If you have not used Zoom before, simply click on the link below and follow the on-screen instructions.
Meeting ID: 842 2006 0957
Zoom Seminar Group – Saturday 27 June, 2020
Dr Ellen Moody will be holding an introductory seminar on the novel on Saturday June 27, 2020 at 6.00 pm (UK time). Please note this meeting will have a different Meeting ID to the above. Click here for details.
Online Conversazione WhatsApp Group
If you would like to stay in touch with other Trollope readers as you read The Last Chronicle of Barset consider joining the Online Conversazione WhatsApp Group. For more details and to apply to join click here.
The Last Chronicle of Barset
The Last Chronicle of Barset was first published in thirty-two 6d weekly parts by Smith Elder between 1 December 1866 and 6 July 1867 (see illustration). It was then published by George Smith in two volumes, Volume One was published in March 1867 and Volume Two in July 1867.
The Last Chronicle of Barset is currently in print in a number of paperback editions including both Penguin and Oxford World’s Classics.
- For information on all of the characters and a brief plot summary visit our Books and Characters database. (Warning – includes plot spoilers)
- Members of the Trollope Society can purchase a copy of The Last Chronicle of Barset from the Trollope Society Edition.
- You can also download a free Gutenberg Project ebook of The Last Chronicle of Barset here.
Address: Zoom Meeting, Chapters 1 - 15