Privacy & legal
Data protection and privacy statement
www.trollopesociety.org is a Trollope Society website. The Trollope Society is a registered charity in England no. 803130.
Through www.trollopesociety.org we collect the following data:
- Email addresses
- Postal addresses for delivery of products and billing address
- Landline and mobile telephone numbers.
We use this information to record feedback from our users, the purposes of membership management and renewal, fulfilment of orders from our online shop, and the sending of regular emails in the form of newsletters.
Personal data collected for the purposes of administering competitions will not be kept for more than six months.
We may share your information with our fulfillment partner. Your data will be transmitted and stored securely.
The Trollope Society and our fulfilment partner will delete your data when they no longer need it and will never use it for any other purpose.
The data we collect is used only by The Trollope Society. Any personal data relating to you will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party without your prior consent.
We do not collect or store financial information on this site.
We will store your personal information only if you chose to provide it to us, for example by completing one of our online forms in our shop or by registering with our website to become a member.
Any personal information you supply in process of creating a membership or using our shop will only be used to provide the requested service or product.
‘Cookies’ are small files put onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site. We use them on this website to:
- allow users to log in and register with our website
- check that cookies can be set and therefore determine whether a user is able to log in
- store a reference to a form, this allows the customer to complete it over multiple sessions in our shop with greater ease
- analyse user statistics
Information given on this website is correct to the best of the charity’s knowledge at the time of publication. The Trollope Society reserves the right to alter information given in this site at any given time.
This site has links to external websites. The Trollope Society takes no responsibility for the content of external sites.
We use PayPal to process all payments for membership, merchandise, books and donations. Payments can be made using a PayPal account, or by credit or debit card.
If you’re a UK taxpayer you can add Gift Aid worth 20%, paid for by the UK Government. Your £20 gift will be worth £25 to us if you add Gift Aid when you make your payment using a debit or credit card, or if you set up a standing order when you complete your payment.
- The Gift Aid declaration for membership payments is managed by the Trollope Society. The Trollope Society claims the Gift Aid direct from the UK Government.
- The Gift Aid declaration for donations made via PayPal is managed by PayPal. The Trollope Society claims the Gift Aid from the UK Government.
- The Gift Aid declaration for donations made via PayPal Giving Fund is handled by PayPal Giving Fund. PayPal Giving Fund claim the Gift Aid from the UK Government and pay it to the Trollope Society.
PayPal Giving Fund
If you have a PayPal account you can give to the Trollope Society with no transaction charges for yourself or the charity. The Trollope Society will receive 100% of your donation.
PayPal Giving Fund is an independently registered UK charity (No. 1110538) that uses PayPal technology and financial support to raise new funds for good causes without charging donors or charities for their services.
Trollope Society Shop & Membership
- New members of this site will become members of the Trollope Society, registered address PO Box 505, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 9RW. Registered in England as a charity, no 803130.
- Digital Only members of this site will not receive physical copies of the Society’s magazine Trollopiana. All membership communications will be sent by email. All other benefits are the same as for Annual Members.
- Life and Charter members of the Trollope Society will be entitled to join this website as existing members without payment.
- Annual members of the Trollope Society, whose subscriptions are up-to-date, will be entitled to join this website as existing members without payment.
- Former members of the Trollope Society, whose subscriptions have lapsed, should join this website as new members.
- Members of the Trollope Society USA are not entitled to join this website without joining the Trollope Society.
- The Trollope Society will provide an accurate description of the goods or service, including how long any commitment will last on the part of the consumer.
- Members ’10-20-30′ offer – Members who purchase ten or more qualifying books from the Trollope Society online shop will be given 10% off the price of the books. Members purchasing 20 or more books will be given 20% off, and 30% off for 30 or more books.
- Offer applies to selected books from the Trollope Society Complete Edition.
- Books which are excluded from the offer will include a notice in their product description stating that ‘Discounts for purchasing more than ten books do not apply to this item’.
- Offer excludes multiple sets – eg The Complete Set, The Palliser Set and The Barsetshire Set.
- The discount will be automatically applied to qualifying items in the online basket.
- The discount will be applied to the price of the books only.
- The offer is only available online.
- Offer available only whilst stocks last.
- The offer may be amended or withdrawn at any time.
- The total price of the goods or service, including delivery, will be presented to the user before being passed to PayPal for payment.
- A complete list of shipping charges is available here. The cost of delivery for items in the shop will be calculated in the following way:
- UK – £5.00 for the first book, with £1.00 for each additional book up to nine books.
- UK – 10 books and over: £5.00 for the first book, with 50p for each additional book.
- Europe – £10 for the first book, with £2.00 for each additional book up to nine books.
- Europe – 10 books and over: £10.00 for the first book, with £1.00 for each additional book.
- Rest of World – £12.50 for the first book, with £5.00 for each additional book up to nine books.
- Rest of World – 10 books and over: £12.50 for the first book, with £3.25 for each additional book.
- Palliser and Barchester Sets
- UK – £15.00 per set
- Europe – £30.00 per set
- Rest of World – £55.00 per set
- Complete Set of Novels and An Autobiography
- UK – £50.00 per set
- Europe – £100.00 per set
- Rest of World – £150.00 per set
- UK – £2.00 for the first copy, with an additional 50p for each additional copy
- Europe – £3.50 for the first copy, with an additional £2.00 for each additional copy
- Rest of World – £4.50 for the first copy, with an additional £3.00 for each additional copy
- UK – Postage free
- Europe – £5.00 for first item, with £2.50 each additional item
- Rest of World – £7.50 for first item, with £4.00 for each additional item
- Deliveries may take up to 28 days in the UK, and 3 months for Rest of World.
- The cost of postage to return items will be paid by the customer, except where the goods are faulty or incorrectly supplied.
- Customers have a right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (June 2014). Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods. If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 days runs from when you get the last of the batch. This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back.
- Refunds. We will refund you the cost of the books, merchandise or membership, plus delivery, within 14 days of either receiving the goods back, or you providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example, a proof of postage receipt from the post office), whichever is the sooner. A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary. The extent to which a customer can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop.
- Event refunds. We do not give refunds for tickets to events if you are unable to come, or change your mind.
The Trollope Society’s registered VAT number is 468881682.
Copyright and image permissions
This website uses information from a variety of sources. Where appropriate all copyright material is acknowledged and we have attempted to contact the copyright holder for permission to use the materials. Please contact us if you would like copyrighted material removed from this site.
All other materials on this website are the copyright of The Trollope Society. Materials on this website may be downloaded solely for personal use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of The Trollope Society, after which, if granted, conditions may be applied.
By visiting this site, the user accepts these terms and conditions.