Privacy & legal
Data protection and privacy statement
www.trollopesociety.org is a Trollope Society website. The Trollope Society is a registered charity in England no. 803130.
Through www.trollopesociety.org we collect the following data:
- Email addresses
- Postal addresses for delivery of products and billing address
- Landline and telephone numbers.
We use this information to record feedback from our users, the purposes of membership management and renewal, fulfilment of orders from our online shop, and the sending of regular emails in the form of newsletters. We may also add email address data to our e-mailing list database unless otherwise specified by the owner of the address.
The data we collect is used only by The Trollope Society. It is not shared with other anyone outside the charity.
We do not collect or store financial information on this site.
We will store your personal information only if you chose to provide it to us, for example by completing one of our online forms in our shop or by registering with our website to become a member.
Any personal information you supply in process of creating a membership or using our shop will only be used to provide the requested service or product.
‘Cookies’ are small files put onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site. We use them on this website to:
- allow users to log in and register with our website
- check that cookies can be set and therefore determine whether a user is able to log in
- store a reference to a form, this allows the customer to complete it over multiple sessions in our shop with greater ease
- analyse user statistics
Information given on this website is correct to the best of the charity’s knowledge at the time of publication. The Trollope Society reserves the right to alter information given in this site at any given time.
This site has links to external websites. The Trollope Society takes no responsibility for the content of external sites.
Trollope Society Shop & Membership
- The Trollope Society will provide an accurate description of the goods or service, including how long any commitment will last on the part of the consumer.
- The total price of the goods or service, including delivery, will be presented to the user before being passed to PayPal for payment.
- The cost of delivery for items in the shop will be calculated in the following way:
- UK books – £5.00 for the first book, with £2.50 each additional book
- Europe books – £10 for the first book, with £5 each additional book
- Rest of World books – £12.50 for the first book, with £10.00 each additional book
- UK merchandise – free delivery
- Europe merchandise – £5.00 for first item, with £2.50 each additional item
- Rest of World merchandise – £7.50 for first item, with £5.00 for each additional item
- Deliveries may take up to 28 days in the UK, and 3 months for Rest of World.
- The cost of postage to return items will be paid by the customer, except where the goods are faulty or incorrectly supplied.
- Customers have a right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (June 2014). Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods. If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 days runs from when you get the last of the batch. This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back.
- Refunds. We will refund you the cost of the books, merchandise or membership, plus delivery, within 14 days of either receiving the goods back, or you providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example, a proof of postage receipt from the post office), whichever is the sooner. A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary. The extent to which a customer can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop. We do not give refunds for tickets to events if you are unable to come, or change your mind.
The Trollope Society’s registered VAT number is 468881682.
Copyright and image permissions
This website uses information from a variety of sources. Where appropriate all copyright material is acknowledged and we have attempted to contact the copyright holder for permission to use the materials. Please contact us if you would like copyrighted material removed from this site.
All other materials on this website are the copyright of The Trollope Society. Materials on this website may be downloaded solely for personal use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of The Trollope Society, after which, if granted, conditions may be applied.
By visiting this site, the user accepts these terms and conditions.