Online Conversazione ~ The Macdermots of Ballycloran
Chapters 1 – 12
We’re going back to where it all started, Trollope’s first novel The Macdermots of Ballycloran published by Newby in 1847. Set in County Leitrim in Ireland, where Trollope was working as Assistant Postal Surveyor, The Macdermots of Ballycloran is a powerful first novel and well worth reading.
We will be meeting online every two weeks using Zoom to discuss the relevant chapters and keep in touch with each other. The meetings will be unstructured with everyone’s input welcome. The meetings will not be recorded.
- Monday 21st September, 2020 at 8:00pm (UK time) – Chapters 1 – 12
- Monday 5th October, 2020 at 8:00pm (UK time) – Chapters 13 – 24
- Monday 19th October, 2020 at 8:00pm (UK time) – Chapters 25 – 36
Joining a Zoom Meeting is easy
Please join the Zoom meeting at 8.00 pm (UK time). If you have not used Zoom before, simply click on the link below and follow the on-screen instructions.
Meeting ID: 838 0745 7609
Online Conversazione WhatsApp Group
If you would like to stay in touch with other Trollope readers as you read The Macdermots of Ballycloran consider joining the Online Conversazione WhatsApp Group. For more details and to apply to join click here.
The Macdermots of Ballycloran
The Macdermots of Ballycloran was first published by Newby in 1847.
- For information on all of the characters and a brief plot summary visit our Books and Characters database. (Warning – includes plot spoilers)
- Members of the Trollope Society can purchase a copy of The Macdermots of Ballycloran from the Trollope Society Edition.
- Download a free Gutenberg Project ebook of The Macdermots of Ballycloran here.
- Kindle editions and paperbacks are available from Amazon.
- Second hand copies are available on Abebooks.co.uk and from other online booksellers.
Please support the work of the Trollope Society
There is no charge for this event, but we would be grateful if you would consider making a donation.
We are working hard to raise the profile of Anthony Trollope. Our resources are limited, and our ambition great, so we’re asking for your help. You can donate using your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account.
Address: Zoom Meeting